This article will outline how to best utilize DonorDock's features to help manage and track grants including applications, tasks, interactions, and donations.
- Create a Campaign for this Grant. Feel free to reference our Campaigns Tutorial for a refresher on this process.
- Create a contact for the company or entity that is supplying the grant. Feel free to reference our knowledge base article about Adding, Reviewing and Updating a Contact Record.
Once you have the campaign and contact set up you can begin tracking activities, tasks, pledges, and donations for your grant application.
You will be able to easily track activities that pertain to this organization and grant process. You can review Adding, Reviewing and Updating Activities from a Contact Record.
A few activities that may be helpful are:
- Tasks: Track and assign tasks to yourself or other team members. These can include application due dates and other important tasks related to this grant application process.
- In the organization contact record click>Add>Activity>Task
- Fill in the appropriate information such as Subject, Assigned To, Description, and Due Date. Make sure to also tie the Task activity to the grant campaign.
- Ask: Track the amount you are requesting in the grant application as an Ask.
- In the organization contact record click>Add>Activity>Ask
- Fill in the appropriate information such as Subject, Assigned To, Notes, Planned Ask, Actual Ask, and Due Date. Make sure to also tie the Ask activity to the grant Campaign.
- Other Activities: You can follow these same steps for any activities in our Add Activities Menu that take place in the grant application process.
Note: To-Do's and Incomplete Activities will show up in your Action Board or the person assigned to the activity's Action Board. Review How to Use the Action Board.
Entering Pledges and Transactions
Once a grant is awarded, we recommend creating a Pledge that represents the amount of the award.
- Click on Fundraising>Pledges->Add Pledge
- Fill in the Pledge Information
- Contact: Granting Organization contact created in Step 2
- Pledge Schedule: Depending on the arrangement for grant payments you may want to create installments to track the incoming funds.
- Pledged Amount: The grant amount.
- Pledge Start Date: The awarded date.
- Notes: Any relevant notes about the grant or payments.
- Campaign/Appeal/Fund: Tie the grant to to the created campaign in Step 1. You can also tie this to any additional appeal or fund for the grant as well.
- Create and Save!
View our Knowledge Base Article: Creating and Managing Pledges
Entering Received Amounts/Payments
You will mark the pledge amount received when you receive the grant payments.
- Click on Fundraising>Pledges
- Add>Add Gift
- Fill in the Payment/Donation Information
- Gift Type: Donation
- Giver Details: Granting Organization contact created in Step 2
- Gift Details:
- Gift Status: Received
- Gift Date and Deposit Date
- Received amount Note: Non-deductible amount and Soft-credit amount are available if applicable.
- Payment Type and Information
- Payment Notes: Any relevant notes about the grant or payments.
- Campaign/Appeal/Fund: Tie the grant to the created campaign in Step 1. You can also tie this to any additional appeal or fund for the grant as well.
- Create and Save!
The benefit of tracking everything to a singular contact record is that all entries will be tracked on a singular profile. You can see tasks, recent activities, open pledges, and even related contacts.
- Click on Contacts
- Search or find the created Contact Organization
- View all gifts, activities, and records applied to this contact profile
- Click on Reporting>Reports
- Choose a Contact, Gift, or Activity Report
- Using the Blue Filter Button filter to the campaign you created to see activities, gifts, or contacts related to your grant campaign.
View our Knowledge Base Article on Filtering Reports