DonorDock allows you to track emails from whatever email client you are using with the email@example.com feature.
To track a copy of an email in DonorDock, follow these steps:
1. From your email program, CC or BCC firstname.lastname@example.org when sending an email or replying to an email.
2. An email activity will be created in DonorDock and tracked to the contact(s) that the email is sent to.
3. If a contact doesn't exist, DonorDock will create a new contact with the information available and track the activity to that contact.
- The contact must be in the To field or "CC" field in order to be matched or created in DonorDock
- contacts are matched via the Primary or Secondary Email address, but not the "spouse email" field. if you plan to communicate with the spouse of a contact, consider creating a household, and associating both contacts to that household.
To view the tracked email, navigate to the contact record, click the Activity History tab and your email will be tracked.
NOTE - Emails may take up to 10 minutes to appear in DonorDock after sending the email.