Gifts are where we store information about donations, membership dues and event tickets in DonorDock.
To view/edit a gift:
- Click on Gifts within the Fundraising tab in the menu
- From the gift list, search for the gift you wish to view or edit
- Click on the gift's type or amount to navigate to the gift's detail page
- To edit the gift, click the Edit Gift button under the Actions menu
- Make any changes to the gift and save the record
To create a gift:
- Click on Gifts in the Fundraising Menu Tab
- From the Gifts list, click the Add Gift button
- Enter the required fields, and any optional fields.
- Click Save
- Creating a gift can also be done from the quick add menu or from the donor's record
To create an in-kind gift:
- Click on Gifts in the left menu.
- From the Gifts list, click the Add Gift button.
- Enter the required fields, and any optional fields. For the Payment Type field, choose In Kind.
- Typically, with an in-kind gift, you would leave Received Amount as $0 and add the value of the gift into the Soft Credit Amount field. Also, storing what was given in the Payment Notes field can make your record-keeping easier in the future.
- If you organization provides a receipt at the time of drop-off, you can also put the receipt number into the Receipt Number field after selecting an in-kind payment type.
- Click Save.
Watch this video to see how to manage gifts within DonorDock.